Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Sunday, April 23, 2006

More Firsts....

Big week last week! Busy, busy, busy as always. Don't ever let anyone tell you that a stay-at-home mom does not have a lot going on. Except for the last hour of the day before Scott gets home, the days tend to fly by. I substituted at a private school in DC on Friday. It's a way to get some cash since we still own two properties! Anyway, it was a pretty easy day. As much as I enjoyed teaching, it does not compare to being at home with my child. I left marketing for teaching because I wanted to be more fulfilled in my profession. And, teaching definitely fit the bill for me. Parenting on the other hand, is a million times that.

To commemorate his great-grandmother D's birthday, Daniel rolled over stomach to back! Finally! He is doing this thing occassionally, where we get him all ready for bed, put him in the crib, and he kicks and coos. Eventually, he cries. Not because he wants to be held, but because he is NOT sleepy. So, we just take him out. The two times he has done it, he stayed up until 10:00! Wednesday, he rolled over during this time! Yeah!

To commemorate his great-grandmother C's birthday, Daniel put his toes in his mouth for the first time while I was getting him ready for bed. Too cute. I have it on video, but will get it on digital cam soon.

On Tuesday, (we're going backwards now), he got in the infant swing at the park for the first time. LOVED it. I will post the pic of that as soon as I figure out where the camera is. I have a bad habit of putting that, and my keys, in different places every time.

Thusday, (skipping forward again), Daniel also went on his first nature hike at the National Arboretum to see the azaleas. Let's just say that Daniel seems to consider nature for the birds. I had to carry him UP most of the hills because he was NOT happy in the stroller. I wore a sleeveless top the other day, and I think for the first time since high school, my upper arms are toned! An 18 1/2 pound kid can do that for you!

Saturday, Daniel shared his first bath with his best buddy Christopher. I did not have the camera with me, but oh, I wish I did!! They were so cute. Our saints for friends, Alison and Nick, came over and installed a new exterior door for us, so that we don't have to take out a third mortgage and have home depot do it. They were here into the evening so we put the boys in the tub together. Christopher is 4 1/2 months older than Daniel, so he was showing Daniel the ropes on playing with the bath toys. They splashed and squawked at each other.

This week Scott will go to Vegas for a trip, so we will have our first extended time without Dad. It will be hard work because Scott is such a great dad. Aunt Johanna is coming to the rescue though!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Notorious N.A.T said...

What a busy week my BF had! It amazes me how much they learn so quickly...

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home