Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

new tricks

As Daniel approaches the six-month mark, he has added lots of new tricks to his repertoire! Blowing raspberries has become his new favorite - successfully covering me with spit. It is hilarious, and he does it all of the time! He can also sit up now, with no support, for a decent period of time before falling over. He usually falls to the side or back. Today, I caught him by the head as he headed towards the floor. While Gigi and I browsed the aisles at ULTA, Daniel worked hard to pull off his sock, and then put it in his mouth for a good chew. When we got in the car, my mom took his other sock off and handed it to him for play, and Daniel cackled with glee. He laughs A LOT these days, and that sound alone will cheer up even the most stressed out mom with two mortgages!

Yesterday, my mom, sister, and I were lunching together at a not-to-be-named chain restaurant (very popular in Ohio), when we experienced our first round of discrimination for having a child! Our very unfriendly waitress, Paula, became testy with us because I requested a glass of warm water for Daniel's bottle and parked our stroller behind the table. We requested a move, and Rocky warmly served us and received a 50% tip from me and Jo.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Notorious N.A.T said...

I can totally imagine him being DELIGHTED in his accomplishment with his sock. He is going to have a great sense of humor, I can already tell. OH GOD I NEED TO VISIT!!!!

I also saw the wonderful news that Jill Carroll has been let go...I am so thankful and to my surprise I look up from saying a little prayer and there is Katie right there on the Today show (and not Ms. Couric). What a wonderful ease that has undoubtadly come over their family. Thank God for keeping her safe.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home