Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

giggling

What is it that babies find funny? Daniel laughs now. Belly laughs. Sometimes, it is easy to figure out why - he ticklish. If you get him at the right moment, when he is relaxed and happy, he will laugh so hard that he starts hiccuping when you tickle him. Today, while I was frantically cleaning out closets in anticipation of our Open House this weekend, I sat down to play with Daniel for a while. I felt so bad that I was not giving him my full attention today. Basically, I transferred him from one baby contraption to the next so that he would stay entertained while I cleaned closets and carpet. I started beating on the tray to his feeding chair and singing a tune. I took his hands and beat on the tray too. He gave me the biggest toothless and grin and belly-laughed as I sang and moved his hands to the beat. Oh, that has to be one of the BEST feelings on Earth. Seeing the joy in his eyes just fills me up.

Scott and I gave Daniel his first taste of cereal this morning. Too funny! He made such faces as I stuffed in in his mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home