Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Groundhog Day


Two things strike me as funny. First, I am now a "blogger." I never understood the blogging thing until two of my friends did it. datemyfriendnat.blogspot.com and mygirlabby.blogspot.com I enjoy reading theirs so much, I figured, "Why not?"Second, that I am posting my first entry for "motherhoodisnotforwimps.blogspot.com" on Groundhog Day.

When my husband first went back to work after his one month paternity leave, people would ask me how everything was going as a new mom on my own (during the day) and I would respond that it was like "Groundhog Day" the movie. The same activities repeated themselves everyday. It is now one big blur in my memory.

This is the reason I decided to start the blog. So I will remember. I wish I could have done this during the previous four months of my new life as a mom. There are so many "Daniel Moments" and thoughts I've had in this new experience that have left my memory already! (This is probably due to sleep deprivation.)

Today's memory? Daniel has started to use a "blankie" to get to sleep. It's really sweet. The blanket is light blue and was crocheted with this very soft yarn by my mom's friend. He weaves his fingers through the holes and pulls it right up to his face to go to sleep. This morning, he woke up and was crying and yelling. He had pulled the blanket all of the way up over his face and couldn't figure out how to pull it off. Cracked me up. Poor thing. He did it AGAIN this afternoon. I guess he likes having it pulled up next to his face for comfort. I'll let you know when he figures out how to pull it off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Hang in there with the new motherhood thing! It IS so much like Groundhog Day. It gets easier, and you are so smart to be recording it all on a blog. I wish I'd done that in that blur of the first few years of motherhood. Soon we blink and they're all grown up.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to say, welcome to the world of internet...publishing. (I guess that is the word I should use.) I like what I've read so far. Keep it up! Love ya (and D-dub, of course, and Scott, since I don't want to leave him out!)

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home