Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Sunday, April 09, 2006

6 months, half a year, 180-ish days

Dear Daniel,
You have been in our lives for six months, two days, as of today. Because we have just moved, my letter is 48 hours late. You are the light in your dad's and my life. Everyday is new, and improved, because you are here with us. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you. My life has changed completely since having you. No longer are days driven by earning a paycheck, but by meeting your needs, watching you grow, and trying my hardest to be the best mother I can be for you. You amaze us every day with your new developments. You are sitting up by yourself and playing with your toys now - banging rattles, chewing on teethers, and grabbing anything your dad and I have in our hands. You have a fondness for paper and silverware! You can sit in a highchair at a restaurant and in the cart at a store. You are eating baby food and enjoying it! You find your feet FASCINATING and grab them and pull them whenever you lay on your back. Tummy time is no longer such a bother! If you decide you don't like it anymore, you just roll over. Rolling from your back to your front is still a bit of a challenge. You get 2/3 of the way there, but can't quite make it over the arm underneath you. I know you'll figure it out soon. Lately, you make these high-pitched squealing sounds, and you belly laugh when we tickle you and make noises at you. Everyone says you look like your dad, which is true. I think you have my eyes though, and we hope you'll have my vision! At your appointment on Friday, you weighed 18 pounds, 6 ounces and you were 27 1/4 inches long. The doctor was very impressed with how you sit up.

I look back on the last six months as the happiest of my life and I look forward to every new day with you. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for you. I know that I am a better person because of you, my son.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Notorious N.A.T said...

Oh my God, I am sobbing...I read this and it is very much like what my mom used to write in my baby book and I am so glad you are doing this - especially so you never forget this time - I know how blessed you and Scott are to have such a wonderful son...It kills me that I still haven't met him. I am going to cry for hours when I finally do. He is a wonderful addition to all our lives and I am thankful for him as I am thankful for you for being such a great example of being a mother.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home