Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sorry!!

I apologize for the two week absence! It's been a very wacky couple of weeks in the Ward household, but I think life may finally be evening out to the normal day-to-day, and just having the condo to STILL worry about. I had a bit of medical melodrama - nothing serious - but enough bloodwork for the people at the GUH lab to recognize me and Daniel! I learned that hyperthyroiditis is yet another post-partem medical wonder for some women, including me! Thank goodness it is temporary, and I am already feeling much better.

My big 3-0 was last weekend. I had a great day thanks to Scott, my family, and my friends. Jules, Vee, Nat, and Nema are flying me to FL in two weeks for a girls' weekend! It will be so much fun, and was such a surprise for me! Daniel and I leave tomorrow for a one-week visit with Gramps, Gigi, and his Denney aunt and uncles. Scott is joining us on Thursday. Then, we will turnaround and drive down to Corolla, NC to meet up with my friend Barbara and her family for two days. It's going to be quite a busy month!

Daniel continues to wow me everyday. Scott and I were chatting last night about how much he has developed intellectually and physically in the last few weeks. He is all about people. It's like one day he figured out that people are watching him. He loves to smile and get a reaction, and he loves to watch other kids. He flaps his arms and squeals that them! Daniel now plays with toys! Mainly, he throws them and bangs them together. Yesterday, he pulled himself up from sitting to standing in his crib. Unbelievable and just so amazing to watch and be part of.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Notorious N.A.T said...

I can't wait to see you in Florida!! I wish my BF could come too...

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home