Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Princess Fluffy


I was sitting here thinking about where I was a year ago right now. This photo was taken at 12:19 a.m. on November 9, 2007. This is me laying eyes on my precious daughter for the first time. What joy. What relief. By this time, I knew that her platelet count was over 100,000. I remember thinking, it was all worth it and being so thankful. It's very hard for me to describe in words what it is like to see the person who has been living with you, inside you, for nine months.
It's the purest emotion I have ever felt.
I read a quote in a baby book that said, "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me!


We had a family party tonight, minus Scott, who had to be out of town for work. Last weekend, we had a gathering with about thirty friends and their kids with a Halloween theme. It is fun to celebrate! As a result, Elizabeth now knows what a cupcake is! Tonight she got upset over something or other, and when I walked with her into the kitchen she spied the cupcakes and said, "Hhmmmm!"

Princess Fluffy's hair is getting longer and laying down - except for her double cowlicks in the crown of her head! So, I don't know how much longer we can call her "fwuffy." Elizabeth is really jabbering away calling out, "ma ma, da da, dadel, and hi" along with lots of other sounds and gibberish as she marches her way around the house. She has started to stomp when she is in the bathtub, which she thinks is the most hilarious thing. She is a serious splasher - I am drenched by the time the bath is over. Daniel wanted to get out early last night! I've noticed that she and Daniel are interacting more and more, which is so exciting. They love each other, that is for sure. She is stacking the rings on the toy and not just taking toys out of a basket, but putting them back in, too! Her sign language is coming along - milk, all done, more.

I cannot wait to experience the toddler phase with Elizabeth. She is such a delight, and every day is something new and fascinating to her. That motivates me to try and better prioritize and keep it simple for me and them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home