Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back to E


I am catching up on blogging tonight.

Elizabeth is talking, "Baa, baa, baa" for the last week and today, "maa, maa, maa!" She said, "maa" before "daa" - that's my girl!

"Wizzie B" as Daniel often refers to her, is a side sleeper. I know when she is done and ready to be put in the bed because she will arch her back and twist to the side. When you lay her down to nap or at night, you know she'll go right to sleep when she buries her face in her bunny and rolls to the left.

Baby food is going strong - we have moved on to step 2. orange veggies and the apples or veggie/chicken or turkey combos are also going well. She eats Mum Mum rice crackers and mashed up banana like they are a delicacy. I am having guilt because I most of Daniel's baby food for him. This is one example of how Elizabeth is the neglected second child. Although, I am willing to bet a substantial amount of money that she will be a better eater then he because I am not so neurotic and "scheduled" this go round when it comes to meals.

Yesterday, we went to eat lunch with a new mom friend of mine, and Elizabeth just stared at a balloon on and off the entire time. I forgot what great entertainment they are for babies. A trip to Trader Joe's will be on the list for next week. They give out balloons there!

Elizabeth is as quick as a flash at putting things in her mouth. Little things. The pincher grasp is really coming along. She put a leaf and a rock in her mouth when we were outside on Monday and I didn't even notice. And no, I wasn't talking to someone when it happened! I am constantly scanning the floor for any tiny thing.

Blue, red, and purple are her colors, without a doubt.

Her hair - oh that hair. It's coming in, but it lays absolutely flat in the front and sticks STRAIGHT UP in the back thanks to her two, opposite turning cowlicks. aunt johanna, we are probably going to need your help on this one as she gets older.

Elizabeth loves to swing at the playground. She giggles with glee whether she in in my lap or on a baby swing.

Sweet. Lovable. Kissable. Irresistable. "Mommy, I wuv my sister," Daniel says to me everyday without fail. "Yes sweetie," I say, "We all adore her."

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is my favorite picture!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And I'm pretty sure I had to grow into my cowlicks too...except it might not have been until my twenties that they start cooperating with me!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home