Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

update

just some anecdotal fun notes..

Daniel told me today that the clouds moving in the sky were going to Aunt Johanna's house....

When Elizabeth was crying and fussy before bedtime, he told me he thought she wanted Daddy...

We were walking to the "pwaygwound" this evening and passed by a house with a lot of ivy and low hanging trees. He said, "Mommy, this is the jungle." I asked him what kind of animals they have in the jungle and he told me "poison bugs." I think he got that from Backyardigans.

We arrived at the pool today right after it rained and Daniel ran straight over and sat down on the edge to dip his legs in. That's the most interest he's every shown. I was all excited, and then I realized it was because the pool was completely empty.

Elizabeth is babbling away. She is going to be crawling any day now. She pushes herself backwards and can stretch out and push back up to sitting. She LOVES Daniel's bed. She is obsessed with his bedrail and tries to pull up on it. Too funny.

Elizabeth is doing well eating her baby food thanks to time with Gigi in Orlando. Gigi got her right on track. She loves these Mum Mum rice crackers, too. We go to the pool about three times a week, and Elizabeth is the water lover of my two. She is happy as a clam splashing around, she just hates her hat. I had to buy the kind that ties around her chin, and when she is tired, she gets very angry about it.

Overall, Elizabeth has such an easygoing disposition. I can't wait to see how her personality further develops. She adores Daniel - he is her favorite entertainment. The turf wars have begun a bit. For the first time, she got mad when he took something away from her. She had my keys today and when I took them to start the car and Elizabeth let me have it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home