Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Thursday, July 24, 2008

someday, I'll tell you...




That before you could both communicate with words, you could let each other know how much you love each other.

That Daniel squeezes Elizabeth and says, "I wuv my sisser." every single day and says, "She's so cute," or "it's okay big giwl" or "let me help you."

That Elizabeth lights up whenever Daniel walks into a room. She bounces up and down, flaps her hands, and squeals with delight whenever she receives his attention.

I never knew that the sibling connection, that the love they have for each other, would be so apparent so soon. And, it's been like this for months, not just as of today.

I know they will drive each other nuts in the years from now that fly by much faster than they should. I know that they will squabble and fuss. And I know that they will bond over being so sick and tired of their mother telling them, time after time, in my exasperation of referreeing their disagreements, that before they could both talk, they were best friends. So they had should just get over it, and accept it. They are stuck with each other - and there's no better way to have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home