Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Monday, September 24, 2007

MORE stitches, Baby W update, and photos



(LOVE this one. He gets into my closet so he can clip-clop around.)

Hi again,

First, check out the photos I've loaded up tonight of the last couple of months. They are on previous posts as well.

Second, Baby W update. Baby Girl Ward is growing! I am definitely feeling 30 weeks pregnant! She is moving around like crazy and little kids everywhere seem to notice my stomach. It's different when they touch it instead of grown adults! Although, I did get some much appreciated adult attention of my pregnancy today. I was in the produce section of Safeway and a woman approached me and told me I look beautiful. Scott wondered if she was hitting on me. No, she made a comment about not feeling that way when she was pregnant. Well, after a day like today, I needed that!

I have begun the IVIG treatments to hopefully help Baby Girl's platelet counts. Last week was my first session, which lasted 13 hours. I was hooked up to an IV for 10 of them. The drip was diluted and extra slow for fear of an allergic reaction. Today's session was a little over 8 hours with 6 1/2 hours on the drip. Worth every minute for my little cherub to be, but it is a long day. I never knew sitting and doing nothing all day could wear me out like it does. And the process of putting in the IV is just plain unpleasant. Seven more sessions to go until the week I deliver. Looks like the c-section will be on the 14th of November (also known as Gigi's birthday). We'll most likely get that set next week so I'll keep you posted. I'll have another sono this month, one next month, and then bi-weekly contraction tests to make sure I am not in early labor starting next week. The parking people at GU hospital will know me by name by Thanksgiving.

Grammy comes over to watch Daniel while I have my treatments. This morning, Daniel managed to run into the corner of the wall while expressing his delight over more pancakes for breakfast, so Scott and Grammy got to spend the a.m. at Children's ER. Daniel has three stitches about his left eye now. "Boo-boo hurt" he calls it and pointed me to where he hit the wall. We will be taking all formal photos from the right hand side for the next few years until the scars from today's injury and his nose surgery start to fade!

Photos -

Child Abuse (Photo op with characters at Nats game this weekend.) Second one he is mad because he was ready to leave and we were not.


Big Boy Bed! Official move - Friday, September 7th - SUCCESS!!


Daddy's Birthday - August 15th

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home