Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

To FL and back (from March)

Dear Friends,
I just returned from a trip with my mom to visit Gramps and Gigi in Florida. I kept a journal during my stay so I could tell you all about it.

Mom and I flew down last Wednesday. I love the airport, and I love planes. I was such a good boy on both planes, well really, I was the life of the party. I talked to everyone around me and even wanted to sit in the lap of the lady sitting next to us. She didn't seem to mind. We got off in Atlanta so I could run around the airport. The club cars that take people to the different gates are fascinating. Everytime I hear them beeping, I stop to watch them drive by. When we took off for Ft. Walton Beach airport, the seat in the middle was empty. I insisted on sitting in it by myself. There were kids in front of us, so I played peek-a-boo with them in between the cracks in the seats. Behind us, there were some grandparents and a college girl. I jumped up and down on my seat to see them. They were very nice. I drew them a picture, and the college girl lives in DC and may be a future babysitter.

When we landed in FL, I finally fell asleep. I was so tuckered out, that I did not wake up until after we exited the plan, got in my stroller, picked up our baggage, and sat into my car seat. We went to Gigi's house and I put on some shorts.

That night, we went out to eat at the beach. I like the waves a lot. Then, we went to a shopping mall. They have a play area there. I climbed with all of the big kids and got mad when Mom carried me away. That was the best playground ever. We looked around and stopped in a shoe store. They had a Crocs display, and Gigi noticed they had some in my size. Mom tried them on me thinking I wouldn't be able to walk well in them. Did I show her! I took off running around the store, pointing at the shoes on my feet. I looked at them in the mirror and pointed at them as I ran. It was like the Indy 500. So, we just HAD to get them. They are by far my favorite shoes. I try to put them on myself.

On Friday, we went to Alabama for Uncle Daniel's graduation. I was such a good boy. I just sucked on my pacifier and held my blankie throughout the ceremony. Uncle Daniel got a bunch of awards, including the Distinguished Graduate. Mom and Gigi cried of course. I got to sit in a helicopter and see the insides of some planes. It was fun.

We drove back to FL on Saturday and Uncle Daniel, Aunt Brooke, and her sister Lindsay came, too. Lindsay is my new girlfriend. I like her a lot. We fed the turtles in the lake at Gramps and Gigi's and I threw rocks in water and made big splashes.

Mom took me to the beach on Monday. I wasn't so sure about the sand at first, but after a while, I was chasing the sea gulls and watching the body surfers. The beach is my mom's favorite place. I put my toes in the cold water. Gramps took me to look at the boats on the dock in Niceville. What a fun trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home