Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I love you


Daniel is repeating everything. It's great to realize what "sticks" with him and to know that we can teach him words so he can communicate more clearly with us. "Reach," "flowers (fowers)," "weeds," and "playground" (sounds like paygund) are new ones this week. As is, "I love you" (I wub ooo). We tell him this all of the time, and now he says it back, often at the top of his lungs. Does this mean he understands what the phrase means? I guess you can't really know until he says it first. No matter though - it melts our hearts to hear it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

He is a beautiful boy. And so smart!


Gigi

12:18 AM  
Blogger JAB said...

What a cute picture!!! He looks like a little country club man!

E would never say she loved me after I told her I loved her and I started asking her "Do you love me back?"

Now, that's just how she says it...

"Mommy?"
"Yes E?"
"I love you back!"
"I'm glad and I love you too"

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home