Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Gummy Bear


Baby #2 is on its way! We are due on November 30th, which seems like a LONG time from now. But, that is okay. Daniel and I have a lot to do together before then. Yesterday, we were at some friends' house, and I think he was jealous of me holding a 5 month old. He buried his face in my lap and cried. Uh-oh.


This pregnancy has already been dramatically different than my pregnancy with Daniel. I have been sick as a dog up until basically Mother's Day. I lost almost four pounds in the first month. People keep telling me how good I look, and I just tell them it's very easy to lose weight when food repulses you. While the general feeling of nausea clouded my days in the first 20 weeks with Daniel, I could not keep food down from basically weeks 7-12 in April and May. It was very rough. I felt like a horrible mother. Daniel watched more PBS in the last month than I would have liked. I have been completely disorganized and just on "function" mode. My saint of a husband has been so patient with me considering the fact that he has picked up almost all of household duties and childcare the moment he walks in the door in the evenings. I couldn't load the dishwasher, much less walk into the kitchen if there were dishes in the sink, on most days.


But, it seems like my body is finally adjusting to the raging hormones, at least physically, and I am now craving mayonnaise based dishes and sour cream like never before.


We are excited about adding to our family. The love we have for Daniel is immeasurable, so I cannot imagine what it will be like to multiply that by two.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abas KS said...

Congratulations on your new child.

Having another child can bring more happiness to a family.

Do you want to exchange links with my Movie Special blog?

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home