Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Thursday, July 12, 2007

She's Around....

I had a moment of pure sadness on Tuesday when I realized I could not call one of my grandmothers to tell her our good news. I had the same moment two years ago when we found out Daniel was a boy.


But you know what I realized later that day? Grandmother has been around all week, and I hadn't noticed. I bought spice drops, the candy always in her dish; yellow roses, her favorite; and Raisin Bran, a staple in her cabinet at the grocery store this week. I have been referring to Daniel as my "sweet thing" all week - her pet name for her grandkids.


It may have been five and a half years since she died, but life's highs were always shared with her. One of my lowest lows was losing her.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Notorious N.A.T said...

She sure was a special lady. It's hard to believe she's been gone five years. I am sure she's smiling down on you from above...and what's more, I'm sure she couldn't be prouder.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home