Motherhood Is Not For Wimps!

The outlet for the thoughts of a tell-it-like-it-is, first-time mom who is no longer employed "outside the home."

Saturday, September 15, 2007

23 months!

Daniel is fast approcahing the two year mark. Wow, time flies! He is certainly a little personality - learning new things everyday and making us laugh. Here's a rundown of his latest milestones and developments. As you read, it will be very clear that I think he is BRILLIANT!

Phrases-
"I runned/side(slide)/fast/funny/eat/wait!" (I think it is great that he uses "I" instead of "me"!)
"Want sanwich/pizza/bilk(milk)"
"Wake up, Daddy!"
"Bless you, Bobby (Mommy)!"
"What is that?" (mostly asks when he hears something unfamiliar)
"I see it!"
"There it is!"

Yesterday he said to me, "Want drive." and tried to open one of the front car doors. I told him we were going to buy pants to fit Mommy's belly and when we checked out, he looked at the cashier and said, "for Mommy's belly." We also were strolling through Target and he stuffed a card envelope down the front of my scoop neck tee and announced, "Pocket!"

Can Recognize and Name-
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Black
Star, Heart, Circle, Oval, Square, Triangle
Diggers (which are bulldozers, cranes, backhoes, etc at construction sites)
Cars, Trains, Planes, Balloons, Helcoppers (helicopters), Boats
Zebras, Elephants, Hippos, Penguins, Horses, Cows, Tigers, Birds, Kitty Cats, Dogs, Fish, Turtles, Snakes, Bears, Monkeys, Butterflies, Bugs, Flies, Bees (some of these I didn't realize until we went to the zoo on Tuesday and he yelled them out!)
Daddy, Mommy, Gigi, Gramps, Grammy,Grandad, James (across the street), Paige (our friends' 8 month old), Baby Sister (my belly), Curious Guwge (George), Mater (from the movie Cars)

Understands and Uses the Terms-
Empty, wet, dry, open, stuck, roll, hurt, itch, kick, funny, high, up, down, loud, cute (he can thank his mother for that one)

Loves -
DADDY
Books
Digging in the sandbox
Running and going fast!
Hitting the teeball and baseball in general
Going for a walk in the stroller
Big trucks he can push around the house, cars, and trains
Big Blocks
Babies
Markers and Paintbrushes
Writing with a pencil
Using his fork and spoon
Bilk (milk)

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara WM said...

Brilliant! I agree!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger The Notorious N.A.T said...

clearly, he doesn't see his aunt natalie enough since my name is not one of the ones he says! lol! ;)

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home